At Fireguard, our employees are our most valuable assets. Providing our technicians with continuing education and training programs is the single biggest way we can deliver value and security to our customers while also fostering development and self-enrichment for our employees.
Our primary goal is to promote from within our company to develop top-tier talent at all levels and positions, but we also look outside of our organization to help strengthen and grow our team as well. We are an established, yet growing company and are always looking to bring on top-notch new talent to add to our already strong team.
Fire Alarm Technician
Fireguard, a leading commercial fire protection company in the Mid-Atlantic region, is currently seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Technician with outstanding customer service skills to join our growing service team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program and service fire alarm systems of all make and models;
- Diagnose trouble signals on fire alarm panels, and perform repairs as required;
- Serve as a technical advisor on systems programming and configuration, and coordinate code requirements with local fire marshals as needed;
- Perform all duties required to successfully complete projects within estimate and according to specifications;
- Perform complete site surveys and visual inspections of all system devices;
- Survey and prepare customer site for testing of alarm systems;
- Perform testing of fire alarm systems, noting existing and potential deficiencies;
- Functionally-test Indicating Devices, Notification Appliances, and all other peripherals and system components;
- Communicate system performance and deficiencies to customers and to Fireguard account managers for accurate and efficient quoting of recommended repairs.
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in a fire alarm service technician capacity.
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to be available for on-call duties when scheduled.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- NICET Level 2 Certification or higher strongly preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base pay and benefits package, in addition to on-call compensation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Fireguard team, please send a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements in MS Word format to email@example.com or fax to (410) 487-0501 (Attention: Human Resources).
Fireguard is an Equal Opportunity Employer that has been in the fire protection business for over 45 years serving Maryland, DC, Delaware, Virginia and Southern Pennsylvania. Fireguard encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality-of-life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental insurance coverage, vacation, and an employer-matched 401(k) Plan.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Fireguard will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. A strong, well-supported resume with current references is required.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, with compensation requirements in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (410) 487-0501 (Attention: Human Resources).